Leapster Explorer “Stop! Connect Now” Message
This screen will disappear once your handheld has been connected to the computer with the USB cable and it has been recognized by the LeapFrog Connect application.
You can tell if your handheld has been recognized by LeapFrog Connect because the screen on the Leapster Explorer showing the handheld connected to the computer will have sparkles moving up and down the picture of the USB cable.
If the picture on your handheld screen doesn't show sparkles, the device hasn't been recognized. Please check the following:
1. In order for your handheld to communicate with your computer, you must have the LeapFrog Connect application for the Leapster Explorer handheld installed. If you do not have the application, Click Here
2. Your device must have charged batteries installed and be powered on in order to communicate with your computer.
3. Do you have a firewall? You may need to update your firewall settings to allow the LeapFrog Connect application to communicate with the Leapster Explorer handheld. Click here
for more information.
4. Did the LeapFrog Connect application tell you that the device needed to be updated or repaired when you connected it? If so, try turning the power off and on again, or disconnect it and reconnect the device and then follow the instructions to repair or update the device.
5. Try connecting your device to other available USB ports.
6. If devices other than your keyboard and mouse are connected to other USB ports (especially external hard drives or thumb drives), remove these devices and try connecting again.