My LeapStory said, “Uh oh! Update failed. For help, ask your parent to go to leapfrog.com/support..” What should I do?
- First make sure you install the LeapStory application found at leapfrog.com/connect.
- On the “Welcome to your LeapStory” screen, follow the instructions to connect your device using the included USB Cable. Turn the LeapStory power switch to “ON.”
- When you see the Home screen, click “Settings” in the top-right corner of the application.
- Click the “Update Firmware” button.
- When asked if you want to download and install the latest firmware, select “Yes.”
- If asked “Do you want to reinstall the same firmware version?” select, “Yes.”
- Please wait until the update process is complete on your computer, then, when prompted, select “Eject.”
- When your device has ejected completely, you will see the “Welcome to your LeapStory” screen.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your LeapStory and follow the audio instructions played by the device.
Important: Do not power off your LeapStory while the device is updating itself. You will hear the “Update complete!” message when your device is ready to play.