Note: The products referred to in this FAQ have been discontinued for several years and are no longer supported. The LeapFrog Connect software for these products is offered as-is.
Please check each of the following:
1) In order for your device to communicate with your computer, you must first insert the CD that came with the device into your computer and follow the prompts to install the Leapfrog connect application. If you have more than one LeapFrog Connected device (Tag, Didj, Leapster2, Crammer) you must install the LeapFrog Connect application for each device.
2) Your device must have charged batteries installed and be powered on in order to communicate with your computer.
3) Did the LeapFrog Connect application tell you that the device needed to be updated or repaired when you connected it? If so, try turning the power off and on again, or disconnect and reconnect the device and then follow the instructions to repair or update the device.
4) Try connecting your device to other available USB ports
5) If devices other than your keyboard and mouse are connected to other USB ports (especially external hard drives or thumb drives), remove these devices and try connecting again.