Note: The Tag Reader was last sold in 2013 and is no longer supported. The LeapFrog Connect software for this product is offered as-is.
These messages indicate a serious error occurred on the Tag Reader.
We have a special utility program that may be able to correct the error in certain cases. If running the below utility does not resolve the issue, the Tag Reader will need to be replaced. Please contact customer support if your Tag Reader is within the 90 day warranty period.
On a Windows computer, please try the following:
1. Close the LeapFrog Connect application
2. Double-click on this link http://lfccontent.leapfrog.com/cs/tools/LeapFrogTagFixTool.exe then click "Run."
3. Click "Unzip" to extract the files.
(You will be asked for a location to save the files. Save them to your Desktop or to another folder that you can easily find.)
4. After the files are extracted, find the "LeapFrogTagFixTool" folder on your Desktop (or where you saved the extracted files).
5. Open the folder and double-click the "TagFixTool.exe" file to open the LeapFrog Tag Repair Utility program.
6. Connect your Tag Reader to the computer. (Make sure your toy is powered on.)
7. To start the repair process, click the "Click once to fix your Tag Reader or Tag Junior" button.
8. Once the repair process is complete, follow steps printed on the screen to close the program and open LeapFrog Connect.
On a Mac computer, please try the following:
Download and install this program
Run the program and connect the Tag Reader when prompted.
Once the repair process is complete, close the program and open LeapFrog Connect