Please Note: This answer applies to the 2022 version of “My Pal Scout or Violet Smarty Paws” that has Star and Music symbols on the ears and comes with an audio cable in the battery compartment.
Older versions include 2014 My Pal Scout or Violet (LeapFrog logo on ear and audio cable in the battery compartment) and 2009 My Pal Scout and Violet (USB cord).
See more FAQ's related to previous versions of My Pal Scout or Violet here.
Please try disabling the “Audio Enhancement” feature on your Windows computer:
1) Right-click on the Speaker icon at the bottom-right of your Windows taskbar:
2) Click Sounds in the menu that appears:
3) The Sound window will open:
Click the Playback tab…
Then click the Speakers/Headphones item…
Then click Properties.
4) The Speakers/Headphones Properties window will open:
Click the Advanced tab…
Then uncheck the Enable audio enhancements checkbox…
5) Next, click the Spatial Sound tab:
Make sure the dropdown is set to Off…
Then click the OK button.
6) Please try to personalize My Pal Scout/Violet Smarty Paws again at leapfrog.com/smartypaws