My LeapStart is not recognized by computer, what should I do?
If your computer is not recognizing the LeapStart when connected to your computer, please see the suggestions below to successfully connect your device.
- Install fresh alkaline batteries into your LeapStart or LeapStart 3D.
- Please use the USB cable provided. If the USB cable that was provided with your LeapStart is not available, please ensure that you are using a high-quality alternative.
- Attempt to plug the LeapStart into another available USB port on your computer.
- Restart your computer and attempt to re-connect your device.
If the above suggestions have not resolved your connection issue, please attempt to put your LeapStart into “Repair Mode”.
To put your LeapStart into Repair Mode:
- With the device connected to the computer, and the LeapFrog Connect software open, turn off the LeapStart.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button.
- While still holding down the Volume Up button, press and hold the Power button.
- When the light above the power button starts flashing between red and amber, release both buttons.
- This will put the device into Repair Mode and allow the LeapFrog Connect software to begin an update on your LeapStart.
If your LeapStart still will not successfully connect to your computer, please contact our Customer Support Team by submitting a Support Request Form.