If LeapSearch videos are playing in a small window, your LeapPad Ultra may not have the most up-to-date firmware version.
To check the firmware version on your LeapPad Ultra:
1. Power on the LeapPad Ultra.
2. At the bottom of the "Sign In" screen, click the blue icon of a parent and child.
3. You will be prompted to enter your 4 digit Parent Lock code to access Parent Mode. Enter your code.
4. This will bring you to the Parent Settings menu.
5. On the Parent Settings screen, click the "System Info" icon.
6. The LeapPad Ultra's firmware version will be the 6th line down. LeapSearch videos will play in a larger size if the firmware version is 220.127.116.116 or higher.
If your firmware version is below 18.104.22.1686, you can use these steps to update the firmware:
Using LeapFrog Connect
1. On your PC or Mac, install the LeapFrog connect application for LeapPad from www.leapfrog.com/connect
2. Launch the LeapFrog Connect application
3. Power on and connect the LeapPad Ultra to your computer using the included USB cable
4. Once the LeapPad is fully connected, click the "Settings" tab on the top right corner of the LeapFrog Connect application
5. Click the "Check for Updates" button
6. When the update is complete, eject your LeapPad Ultra
Using a Wifi Connection
1. Make sure your LeapPad Ultra is plugged in to a power outlet with the AC adapter
2. Power on the LeapPad Ultra and log in to a player profile
3. Verify you see the wifi icon on the top right of the screen. If you do not, go to parent settings and turn wifi on http://leapfrog.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2341
4. Once logged on to a player profile, wait on the home screen. You should see a rotating circle icon on the top right of the screen, which may or may not have a number in the center of the circle. This rotating circle indicates one or more things are downloading.
5. When the rotating circle goes away, power off the LeapPad Ultra
6. Power on the LeapPad Ultra and wait; you will see a "firmware updating" screen during the startup sequence. When it completes the LeapPad Ultra will boot to the sign in screen.
7. Login to the user profile
8. Wait again on the home screen as in step 4. After a while you will see the rotating circle icon again on the top right of the screen.
9. When the rotating circle icon goes away, power down the LeapPad Ultra
10. Power on the LeapPad ultra and wait. Again you will see a "firmware updating" screen during the start up sequence. When it completes the device will boot up to the sign in screen.
11. Enter the Parent Settings menu again and verify your firmware version is now 22.214.171.1246 or higher.