Note, the below screen shots are from a LeapPad Ultra. The same steps apply to LeapPad3 or LeapPad Platinum.
1. Power on the LeapPad
2. At the bottom of the "Sign In" screen, click the icon of a parent and child
3. You will be prompted to enter your 4 digit Parent Lock code to access Parent Mode. Enter your code.
4. This will bring you to the Parent Settings menu.
5. Click the "Profile Manager" icon
6. Under your child's name, tap on "Edit Profile"
7. Tap on "Wireless Permissions" at the bottom of the next screen
8. Under "Wireless", uncheck the box next to "Show LeapSearch on Child Home Screen"