With the LeapTV console powered on, gently push the game cartridge all the way into the cartridge slot until you feel it engage and see the game title pop up on your TV screen. When properly inserted, the end of the cartridge will not be flush with top of the cartridge slot, but will be approximately 3 millimeters or 1/8 of an inch below the edge of the console slot.
If the cartridge is not detected when fully inserted, remove the cartridge and gently go over the gold contacts on the game cartridge with a pencil eraser to remove any residue or corrosion, then reinsert it into the cartridge slot.
If the above steps don't resolve the issue, please confirm your LeapTV console has the latest firmware version installed. If your LeapTV firmware version is not current, an internet connection will be required to install an update.
To check the firmware version on the LeapTV console:
1. Power on the LeapTV console.
2. Use your television remote to select the proper input to display LeapTV on your television screen.
3. Use the LeapTV controller to navigate to the Parent Settings gear on the LeapTV Home page, then press the "A" button on the controller:
4. Enter your four digit parent lock code. Note, if you forgot your parent lock code, you may bypass this screen by inputting 1 9 6 <backspace> 8 7
5. Select Settings (gear icon) and press the "A" button on the controller enter Settings
6. Select "System Info" and press the "A" button on the controller
7. If the "System Version" shows 184.108.40.20611 or higher, you have the latest firmware version installed.
8. If the "System Version" shows a version lower than 220.127.116.1111, your LeapTV console does not have the latest firmware version installed. If you have an internet connection, you should see a button labeled "System Update Available". Select this button, then wait for the update to download and install.
9. If you do not have an internet connection, select the "Back" button and then "Network". Connect to your Wi-Fi router or attach an ethernet cable to the LeapTV console and verify you have internet. Then go back to the "System info" screen to update the firmware (System Version).